Clogged Gutters Can Sink a Home. SERVPRO of Missoula Can Help Prevent That.
Did you know that cleaning your gutters can help prevent rain damage to your home? If water has caused problems for you, call SERVPRO® of Missoula so we can help with the restoration.
SERVPRO of Missoula Remediates Water Damage
Gutters channel water off the roof so water doesn’t:
- Build up enough weight on the roof to crush it
- Erode the exterior walls
- Pool around the foundation and destroy it
- Turn the basement or first floor into a soggy mess
- Provide a friendly environment for microbial growth
As soon you notice, or even suspect, water damage, call us at 406-327-9500.
SERVPRO of Missoula is a leader in remediation and restoration.
Our emergency services are available 24/7/52.
If rainwater doesn’t drain from your gutters, the gutters are probably clogged. Cleaning them now can save a mess in the future.
Check the roof, walls, and foundation for signs of damage. Early signs are not always obvious, so you may want a professional opinion. SERVPRO of Missoula also provides assessments, not just emergency services.
Categories of Services
Our teams investigate what kinds, if any, damage exists and how best to address it. We’ll let you and your insurance company know what your home and belongings need, and how we will meet those needs.
The repair category includes subcategories:
- Cleaning – remove visible dirt, debris, and most germs with cleaners and scrubbing
- Disinfection – kill remaining germs (including mold, bacteria, and viruses)
- Eliminate odors
- Undo damage – includes refinishing furniture, repairing textiles, stonework, upholstery, structural elements, drying documents and photographs, and repairing other belongings as much as possible
Helping to bring the house and belongings back to their preloss conditions as much as possible, which includes repainting, installing carpet, and doing other building work.
January 7th is Old Rock Day. We hoped it meant we should set the volume to 11 for The Rolling Stones (yeah, we went there), but it’s really a day to appreciate fossils (which still includes Keith, right?). That’s fine with us. We like fossils.
Back to work: Classifications of Water Damage
- Least amount of water absorption and evaporation
- Damage to only part of a room or to areas that absorb only small amounts of moisture
- Zero to little carpet or other textiles
- Few porous materials
- Larger amount of water absorption and evaporation
- Wet carpets (with carpet pads) and or cushions are likely present
- Water has wicked up walls up to two feet
- Water is in structural materials
- Water is in the substructure soil
- Largest amount of water absorption and evaporation
- Often there is water from overhead
- Entire area is saturated (ceiling, walls, insulation, flooring, subflooring, everything)
- Major storms
- Any class, but for certain materials
- Require longer drying times and special methods
SERVPRO of Missoula: Here to Help